To quote Tom Petty, “the waiting is the hardest part”.
I recently finished exams (for now anyway)…and the writing of said torture devices is actually ok. I mean, I actually have more free time (I had enough time to watch the new Star Trek, will be my next post!). I eat better, I see more of my friends. On the other hand, from dawn until dusk my life consists of texts and mathematical formulae…but still.
But waiting for my results to be posted is awful. Some exams go bad, bringing great trepidation, some exams go well…bringing slightly less trepidation. I will elaborate with a story!
I wrote the worst exam of my life (literally, none have been as bad marks-wise). And so the waiting was nerve-wracking. So you can imagine the joy I experienced when I saw I passed! At university you need a sub-minimum of 40% for your exam, so as long as your overall average including semester mark is greater than 50% you pass. And I got less than 40% for the exam. So even though my average was 51% I shouldn’t have passed. Except I did. I assumed being in final year they pushed me through, because I was quite close to 40% in my exam…BUT it turns out it was a system error (we get our marks off the ‘net) and I actually got into the supplementary exam. Boom! From pass to supp in 24 hours 😥 But I thought I’d go to the perusal where you can examine your script and try and find extra marks and such like…so I had to wait an entire week for that opportunity. This week of waiting was worse than waiting for my actual result! But happily, I went to the perusal today and found out that they had looked at my paper again and found me more marks! 😀 they just had not reflected it on the system yet 🙂
So the waiting can be a bitter-sweet experience. After that week of waiting, to find out I had passed was an amazing feeling!! 🙂 If you have ever experienced anything like this, drop a comment and we can bemoan our ordeals 😛 Next post will be my review of the new Star Trek 😀
So, I decided to write this post following pretty much my most unhealthy week as a student ever…and that’s saying something, ’cause I’ve been a student for 3.5 years, and this statement includes infamous first year.
As of tonight I will have eaten take-aways for dinner 5 nights out of my 7 day week…3 of those were pizza. No more words are needed I think.
Other culinary lows I’ve done include:
- Eating a week’s supply of biscuits in the 15 minutes after taking it back to your room.
- Eating tomato sauce and steak seasoning on sandwiches because you don’t have anymore peanut butter.
- Eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon because you don’t have anymore bread.
- Eating sandwiches and a can of baked beans for dinner most nights for over a month (this is the one I’m most ashamed of in retrospect).
- Staying at parties solely for the food…I once left a 21st straight after dessert (I think this is it for most shameful act actually).
- Going home to mom and dad just for the food (everyone does this, don’t judge me!).
- Eating raw spinach, carrots, tomatoes and beans with tomato sauce because you are too lazy to cook them (in my defence uncooked vegetables are apparently good for you).
- Buying pre-made salads because you are too lazy to make your own.
- Losing weight (which is great) mainly because after leaving home you realise just how much effort it is to make food and so you eat less.
So yeah, those are my confessions with regards to food as a student…I’d like to finish off with a few pros though:
This is how I feel after exams
First and foremost I’d like to apologise for my hiatus on the blog. Terribly sorry I haven’t posted in so long. Here’s a brief update into my life recently:
- I wrote exams 😥
- They were tough
- I studied on campus most days, rather hard I might add
- I celebrated my 21st birthday
- I went on an outreach for a week and a half to an orphanage (I’ll make a dedicated post to it soon)
- I discovered Assassin’s Creed 3
- I passed all my exams! 😀
- My bursary application was successful, meaning my studies are covered and I’ll have a job after I graduate
- All the things above combine into next being year being my final year for undergrad! 😀
And those are a few of the reasons why I haven’t posted in a while. I also have tons of movies to look at, such as Skyfall, Cloud Atlas, The Hobbit, Seeking a friend for the end of the world, and whatever else I’ve watched recently. I’ll start on those ASAP (as in tomorrow), but it’s 23:55 GMT+2 right now and I’m off to bed. I just wanted to let you know I’m still alive 🙂