So, I decided to write this post following pretty much my most unhealthy week as a student ever…and that’s saying something, ’cause I’ve been a student for 3.5 years, and this statement includes infamous first year.
As of tonight I will have eaten take-aways for dinner 5 nights out of my 7 day week…3 of those were pizza. No more words are needed I think.
Other culinary lows I’ve done include:
- Eating a week’s supply of biscuits in the 15 minutes after taking it back to your room.
- Eating tomato sauce and steak seasoning on sandwiches because you don’t have anymore peanut butter.
- Eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon because you don’t have anymore bread.
- Eating sandwiches and a can of baked beans for dinner most nights for over a month (this is the one I’m most ashamed of in retrospect).
- Staying at parties solely for the food…I once left a 21st straight after dessert (I think this is it for most shameful act actually).
- Going home to mom and dad just for the food (everyone does this, don’t judge me!).
- Eating raw spinach, carrots, tomatoes and beans with tomato sauce because you are too lazy to cook them (in my defence uncooked vegetables are apparently good for you).
- Buying pre-made salads because you are too lazy to make your own.
- Losing weight (which is great) mainly because after leaving home you realise just how much effort it is to make food and so you eat less.
So yeah, those are my confessions with regards to food as a student…I’d like to finish off with a few pros though:
- I don’t waste food (not that my family ever wastes food, but I’m continuing the trend).
- If a beggar asks me to buy them food while I’m at the grocery store/supermarket I do it, because if I’m only a student and I can afford to eat nicely (thanks mom and dad) then I can cut back on partying if it means someone else eating for a few days.
- Finally, in pursuit of a woman my cooking skills have increased. Making chicken cordon bleu (see below) only because I promised to make her dinner one evening is one way of learning new dishes.
Normal programming will resume shortly 🙂